I have been off the field long enough and in coaching to see games where your team executes to the point you realize that talent & heart took over and outpaced your coaching! You sit there as a coach and know that you will get some of the credit for the victory but in reality, you did not have a lot to do with it!
Yesterday was one of those days at NorthStar where the “play” of the team was greater than anything I could have “coached” or “led” them to do! I sat down at home last night after the long day and looked back over all I had just experienced and was so proud of our NStar team! Here are a few highlights:
- We challenged our people a few weeks ago “in this terrible economy” to give more away to meet needs in our community than they ever have done….over $5000 came in to buy turkey’s & over 2000 bags of groceries came in to bless families…..nothing like watching people “show God’s love in such a way”…
- I got to spend my day getting grocery bags out of peoples cars and saying “thank you” for believing in the dream of serving people with the love of Jesus! I was blown away by all of those who went shopping and spent $20 on a bag of groceries for someone they may never meet! WOW! Publix @ Brookstone kept running out of pre-prepared bags…..One car pulled up with around 50 bags stuffed in there!
- Enjoyed being with so many awesome NStar people unloading cars & packing the trailers & trucks! We had a blast out there together!
- Loved hearing so many walk out of church raving about the awesome job Marlon, our community pastor, did closing out our “Flash Forward” series! He nailed it! Shared his passion & his heart better than he ever has! So proud of him!!
- I think yesterday was one of our greatest days and I had nothing to do with it – I just got to watch it happen!
- Got to close out the AM doing baptisms….never gets old seeing people “exchange ordinary living for an extraordinary life”…..love it!
- Hung out with our security team last evening – these guys are doing a super job in keeping our campus on Sunday’s a safe place!
- Great time @ Newcomers last night meeting….love meeting new people that are coming to NStar – hearing how they got there never gets old!
- Listened to so many at Newcomers last night share about how much their kids love coming to church every Sunday and how the kids get them up & going!
- Our couples night out for December with Tim Hawkins only has a few tickets left for the 5pm show! Late show already sold out! Love it!!
I love our staff team that I serve with daily……they are so amazing at what they do! I love them not only because they are “all-stars” at what they do but they have incredible hearts and have not forgotten why “they do what they do”!
I love our church…..the more they are challenged to give, the greater the response! I have never seen a place that loves to give so much!! The most self-less group of people that I have ever met!!
I have never been more proud!